Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Who am I online?

Who am I online? A question that hasn’t really been brought to my attention till now. Of course my parents always warn me “Be Careful what you put online!”, but I always was careful. Though, I am cautious about posting some things, other things I post without a second thought.
There are really two big differences in who I am, which are professional and casual. Of course that would describe most people. A lot of people (including me) now see Facebook as more as a professional way to look at a person. Especially when a lot of job markets now look at their Facebook as a part of the application process. This has cause me to think of my Facebook differently now than when I was a kid. This wasn’t a place to not just play games and post funny posts, but as a way to show off yourself and let employers see you are a respectable person. This could go for Twitter also, but in a different sense. My Twitter is more professional with a slice of casual since I use my Twitter as apart of my writing career, though I don’t post on it as often because I feel like I don’t have much to say. This causes me to reblog a lot of things from other people rather than make original posts. Along with wanting to keep up with other writers, artists and agents that I like.
My casual presence online is anonymous sticking to a username on Tumblr and posting all the casual things I wouldn’t post on my other sites. This includes funny memes, videos, and pictures. All from my favorite shows, videogames, etc. that I am into. It is definitely more the true me than it is the other places because I feel like I can express more since I am anonymous. Though I do have a professional side blog, it is similar to my Twitter where I keep it mainly professional, but also like sharing different interests that I like.
So who am I online? Well professionally I am a inspiring teacher and writer going to Ball Ball State to get my degree. Having come from a middle class family that likes to camp, bike and be together. While casually I am a fandom fangirl that likes a bit of everything and likes to rant about different theories and thoughts on my favorite shows. In the end though, if you really like to get to know me just talk to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment